SET UP A NEW CHALLENGE
The admin has the authority to create and set up a challenge for the company employees who have enrolled for the Wellness program. To do this, the admin has to navigate as –
ADMIN PORTAL > PROGRAMS > CHALLENGES
Upon clicking on the +Start A Challenge button present at the top left side of the CHALLENGES page, the admin gets redirected to a new page where there are many options to start creating a new challenge. From here, there are 2 ways by which an admin can set up a new challenge –
1. By choosing from the pre-defined challenges
2. To set up a new customized challenge from scratch.
PRE-DEFINED CHALLENGES – To choose from the pre-defined challenges, the admin has to navigate as –
ADMIN PORTAL > PROGRAMS > CHALLENGES > +START A CHALLENGE > SELECT CHALLENGE
The page already has a vast list of pre-defined challenges available, depending on various challenge types – like move challenges, munch challenges, mind challenges, etc., and the admin can choose the one that is most appropriate for their users. Here is a brief about the various pre-defined challenges
- MOVE – It is a challenge which involves more of physical activity, and the activity type is
⊳ UNITS - Includes logging units like – Calories, Distance, Minutes, and Steps.
⊳ DELTAS – Includes logging the user’s weight.
There are up to 9 predefined Wellness challenges that are categorized under the MOVE challenge type.
- MIND – It is a challenge to improve the mental stability, relax the mind, and promote mental wellness of the users. The activity type is ANSWER to one specific question imposed by the admin as a part of the wellness challenge. There are up to 5 predefined Wellness challenges that are categorized under the MIND challenge type.
- MUNCH – These challenges are more nutrition-oriented to promote healthy food habits to promote nutritional wellness. The activity type is ANSWER to a certain question imposed by the admin as a part of the wellness challenge. There are up to 12 predefined Wellness challenges that are categorized under the MUNCH challenge type.
- SEASONAL – It is a challenge promoting combined nutritional and physical wellness of the user. The duration is usually 30 days, and the activity type includes ANSWER with a new question imposed every day as a part of the wellness challenge. The admin gets to feed all the questions for every single day of the challenge duration along with the relevant answers and the alternate answers. There is just 1 predefined Wellness challenge categorized under the SEASONAL challenge type.
- VIRTUAL JOURNEY – It is a challenge promoting physical fitness in which the admin sets a virtual journey from one place to another place over a certain distance, and as the users keep working on the challenge, the milestones reached by them is virtually mapped on a Google map as a virtual journey. The activity type is UNITS with the value of DISTANCE and STEPS being logged in as a part of the wellness challenge. There are up to 12 predefined Wellness challenges that are categorized under the MUNCH challenge type.
Every pre-defined challenge has a brief about the set goal, the goal type (daily, weekly, etc.), the user type (team or individual), activity type, and a short description of the challenge. Clicking on the PREVIEW CHALLENGE button will also display the same information in a pop-up window.
If the admin wishes to select any of these pre-defined challenges, they can click on the SELECT CHALLENGE, which will open a new pop-up window with the Template wherein the admin will have to feed the relevant data to create the challenge. This data includes –
⦿ Challenge Name – Although there is a name already given to the pre-defined challenge, the admin can change the name is they wish to.
⦿ Enrollment Dates – The start date and the end date for enrolling in the challenge program.
⦿ Challenge Dates - The start date and the end date of the actual challenge program.
⦿ Prize – Enable ‘YES’ if there will be any prize given away for the winner of the challenge, else enable ‘NO’.
⦿ Points - Enable ‘YES’ if there will be any reward points given for participating in the challenge, else enable ‘NO’.
After filling all these details, the admin can click on SUBMIT and a new challenge will be created, which will appear in the leader board under the UPCOMING CHALLENGES. The admin can preview the information regarding the created challenge by clicking on the PREVIEW button, and edit any information in the challenge information by clicking on the EDIT CHALLENGE button in the UPCOMING CHALLENGES section. If all seem good, the admin can click on the EMAIL NOTIFICATION button for which a confirmation will be asked. After confirmation, and the email notifying the eligible users about the challenge will be sent to their respective registered email ID’s.
CUSTOM CHALLENGE – To create a customized challenge for the users, the admin has to navigate as –
ADMIN PORTAL > PROGRAMS > CHALLENGES > +START A CHALLENGE > CUSTOM CHALLENGE
By clicking on the CUSTOM CHALLENGE button present at the top left corner, the admin will be redirected to a new page, commonly known as the Custom Challenge Wizard Tool, from where a new challenge can be created in just 3 steps –
- STEP 1 – In step 1 of the Custom Challenge Wizard Tool to create a challenge, the admin has to choose the relevant data from the dropdowns and give a short description at the end of the page regarding the challenge. These dropdowns include data for –
⊳ Challenge Category – Choose from the various challenge types like – Move, Mind, Munch, and Virtual. Upon selecting a certain category, the following sections will get displayed accordingly.
⊳ User Type – If it is an individual challenge or a team challenge.
⊳ Challenge Name – The name assigned to the challenge.
⊳ Activity Type – Broadly, there are 3 options to the activity type which get displayed in the dropdown according to the challenge category that is chosen. The 3 activity types are –
1. UNITS – Includes the units to log Calories; Distance; Minutes; Steps. All 4 options are available for the MOVE category, whereas only the Distance & Steps options are available for the VIRTUAL category. When the UNITS type is selected, there are options ALLOW and NOT ALLOW – which when enabled allow or do not allow the manual logging of the activity.
2. DELTAS – Available for the MOVE challenge category, this option is only to log the weight-related data.
3. ANSWER – The MIND and the MUNCH challenge category come with the requirement of answering questions that are entered by the admin, and so the activity type for these two challenge categories is ANSWER.
⊳ Button Label – It is a label given to the CTA button in the user portal to help the user log their challenge activity data.
⊳ Description – A short description regarding the challenge and its related details is entered in this field, which is visible to the users in their user portals under this specific challenge.
- STEP 2 - In step 2 of the Custom Challenge Wizard Tool to create a challenge, the admin has to choose the relevant data from the dropdowns regarding the challenge, and these dropdowns include data for –
⊳ Enrollment Dates – The admin has to enter the details for the start and end date of enrollment for the challenge. The users have to enroll for the challenge within these dates. When the challenge is listed in the upcoming challenges list in the user portal, the ENROLL button will be disabled, and when the date of enrollment approaches, the challenge moves to the ACTIVE challenges category and the ENROLL button is enabled. The user can click on this to enroll for the challenge from their user portals.
⊳ Challenge Dates - The admin has to enter the details for the start and end date of the challenge. The users have to participate in the challenge within these dates and perform the needed activities accordingly.
⊳ Prize – The section comes with options YES and NO. Enable YES, if there is a prize on accomplishing the challenge goal or for the winner of the challenge, or NO if there is no prize.
⊳ Points - The section comes with options YES and NO. Enable YES, if there is reward points will be given on accomplishing the challenge goal or for the winner of the challenge, or NO, if there are no reward points.
⊳ Goal Type – If it is a DAILY goal or a CHALLENGE goal.
⊳ Goal – It is the goal that is to be reached by the participants in the challenge which is to be entered as a numerical value. If the goal type is Daily, then the user will have to complete the mentioned goal on a daily basis. If it is a challenge goal, then the user will have to complete the assigned goal within the entire challenge duration.
⊳ Challenge Theme – The admin can upload the .jpg or .png files from this section to be displayed as the banner on the actual challenge page in the user portal.
- STEP 3 - In step 3 of the Custom Challenge Wizard Tool to create a challenge, the admin can have a preview of all the details that have been entered by the admin for creating that challenge. If all the details seem good, the admin can go ahead and click on CREATE CHALLENGE. Once done, the new challenge will be created and it will show up in the UPCOMING CHALLENGES section.